Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The first fishing voyage.......

It was one of the darkest evening during my college hood and I was thinking of taking a temporary break from my consultancy work to get myself involved in some other activity for the time being as two of my consulted boys got scolded severely by their would be lovers (which never happened) by saying the filmy dialogues as guided by me and there was a big question mark on my abilities…..Well….There is a famous saying “ A man who sneezes without hanky takes matters into his hand “ …….I forgot that and approached “ Puturaa “…….I call him “ Puturaa “ out of affection and he calls me “ Dada" out of respect for sure…..Well….My Putura/nephew is an intellectual and is full of wise advices to everybody at any point of time who owns a paan shop near the place I use to stay……It was time for putura to consult his dada……It was difficult…… So he took half an hour to think when I almost finished eating a big pack of cake from his shop for free……The intellectual in him finally opened his mouth “ Dada !! why don’t you go for fishing ???? “……..I said “ Yeah I can…But how would I go for fishing as I am quite inexperienced ”…….Putura assured me of giving me the fishing yard stick with the masala that can easily attract a fish to swallow but by the next morning…….My first fishing voyage was planned and I was just thrilled to catch a fish next morning…….I announced that in my home next morning and went although my mother was quite confident of my capabilities……I took my best friend with me on such a important expedition and we were at the bank of the biggest pond of my home town next day…….The fishing efforts began with two yard sticks in the hand of two brothers……It took 5 hours and we approached the next fisherman to us as no fish got caught by us…..He smelled the masala we were using and asked “ why the hell you are using cow dung in the masala ????’’…….We purchased 1.5 kg fish each from the fisherman as the ego in us never allowed us to show our parents that we can even fail in such a easy mission…….Next day when we parked our bikes near putura’s shop, he just ran away to escape….But we ate another two packs of cakes from his shop to take vengeance…..

There's no such thing as a spirit...... It's just something people have made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson......

No comments: