Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Three Musketeers.....

Life was always so cruel with me as I was privileged to get few good but heroic friends in the past…..There is a famous saying “A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere to find a rat”. I was never superstitious but few best fiends made me believe that finally there should be somebody to pray to who can really forgive them for their deeds….. I had to meet the black cats who crossed my path and changed my college life at Delhi……Life was always a war and the war was never over without those brave people around me….. It was a bright sunny morning and I was able to get up to prepare myself to attend my first class after skipping classes for two full days as I used to get up late as per the tradition…..I reached the college and found a short guy with a pony tailed hair cut running towards me with a smiling face and a red rose in his hand……I was quite surprised as he was wearing a very unusual costume……Well …… U can’t tell it exactly a costume as he was only wearing a red brief, a green tie on his neck but a pair of sport shoes…..Soon he was in front of me and said “ r u a new student ??” He again said when I nodded “Hey !! Its fun to run like this……Would you like to join me ????”….. "Crap !! You are looking like bloody Mogli…..I don’t want to look like Bhaloo by running with you……But why the hell are you running like a mad cow ???? “ I replied with surprise……He clarified me “ Seniors asked who would like to run wearing this costume and I raised my hand since the undie was new”…… I had found the second musketeer in him although replied “ Go to hell “ and he again continued running with a smiling face as it was more important than attending classes…..I used to call him “ Sandu “ in stead of calling him " Laal Chaddi / Chaddi " which would have attaracted a lot of public attention…..After that I went to my class room and found a very tall guy sleeping on the front row……I asked him with anger “ Who the hell are you and why the crap you are sleeping in the classroom ????“……. He suddenly got up and said “ Good night Sir….” but corrected himself immediately “ Sorry…..Good morning but you are a fresher, right ?? Actually I am a Sardar…..So I was sleeping to avoid any misfortune since its now 12PM…..” I saw the third musketeer in him, happily shared the last bench while “ Sandu “ was finishing his rounds…..He was late as he had to sing in front of a girl while offering the red rose “de de pyar de” as instructed by seniors and eventually got scolded severely by a classmate of ours…….But the formation of a strong alliance was initiated from the first day with " Commando" [ Well....I had to name him as I just didn't like people taking such a big man like him so lightly but in vain ] and "Sandu".....After 15 days we took the famous oath “One for all and all for one” and we became the inseparable friends for life like Alexandre Dumas’s famaus three epic characters…… From that day onwards the three fearless musketeers lived in us…….

The chicken came first – A Goddess would look silly sitting on an egg......

No comments: